JOURNEY TO THE ORIGIN OF CACAO - PERU RETREAT 2022
Join us as we take you back to where ceremonial cacao began its journey 5000+ years ago in the heart of the Peruvian Amazon. An 8-day immersive, life-changing experience that will initiate you as a cacao facilitator and truly deepen your connection.JOIN NOW
12-19 October 2022 (7 nights, 8 days)
• Visit our cacao farm and create your own cacao from pods-paste
• Connect with our cacao farmers and learn about different types of cacao
• Learn directly from ancestral wisdom keepers of cacao
• Stay in a jungle paradise retreat deep in the heart of the Amazon
• Learn the cosmovision of cacao from the indigenous people
• Be initiated as a cacao facilitator
• Dance, play, explore & connect with cacao
• Meet the local tribes and communities
-Arrive in our retreat centre and connect with your fellow cacao tribe.
- Welcome dance and introductions.
- Joining a tribe for the week.
- Sharing circle.
- Meet our farmers and tour our farm.
- Welcomed by the local tribe with traditional dance and songs.
- Harvest your own cacao pods and try fresh cacao.
- A night walk into the Amazon with our guide.
- Camping in the jungle.
- Cacao production workshop. From pods - beans - paste - powder.
- Learn about fermentation of cacao.
- Cacao inspired lunch.
- Traditional dance with locals.
- Return to Tarapoto retreat centre.
- Temazcal (sweat lodge) ceremony and cleansing.
- Cacao and coconut scrub and bathing in the river.
- Visit the Amazon viewpoint.
- Toasting and peeling cacao beans.
- Preparing cacao husk tea.
- Traditional milling of cacao.
- Cacao ceremony (Veronika)
- Creating a ceremonial alter.
- Energetics of cacao.
- Holding space with cacao.
- Energetic protection and projection.
- Learning to listen to cacao and deepening your connection.
- Andean and amazonian cosmovision - Sandra (Etnikas retreat centre)
- River bathing.
- Neuroplasticity and cacao workshop.
- Cacao ceremony and native sound bath.
- Reflective time.
- Cacao painting and massage.
- Creating cacao gorditas and humitas - ancient cacao desserts with corn.
- Trip to Lamas town to visit the castle, viewpoint and waterfall.
- Visit native communities.
- Cacao dance party.
- Ceremonial cacao toolkit.
- Affirmations and future direction.
- Closing ceremony.
- Celebration and river time.
- Return to Lima.
PRICES AND INFO
Early bird special - graduates of our Ukhu Pacha Online cacao course: $3500 NZD (triple share) $3800 NZD (twin share) (ONLY 2 spaces available - Full Payment is due now by end of August 2022)
Early bird general - $4000 NZD (triple share) $4300 NZD (twin share) (ONLY 2 spaces available - Full Payment is due now by end of August 2022)
Standard price - $4500 NZD (triple share) $4800 NZD (twin share) (ONLY 4 spaces available - Full Payment due before October 2022)
10% non-refundable deposit required to secure your spot. Instalment plans available if required (only available for standard prices). Full payment due before September 30th.
- accommodation (7 nights) either twin or triple share
- all meals and drinks
- all transport from 12-19th after arriving in Tarapoto
- in-house translator (1 per maximum 5 people)
- in-house photographer (to capture those special moments)
- all workshops and experiences listed above
- camping beds, bedding and tents for the night on the farm
- assistance booking flights and other activities before or after
As an alternative to vaccination (unvaccinated people), anyone can present a negative molecular (PCR) test result issued no greater than 48 hours before boarding in their country of origin. Under 12's only need to be asymptomatic to travel.
Proof of vaccination would be the NZ International Travel Vaccination Certificate: https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19-vaccines/vaccine-passes-and-certificates/proof-of-your-vaccination-status/
Passengers travelling to Peru are also required to complete an online health declaration 72 hours prior to the trip: https://djsaludviajero.minsa.gob.pe/dj-salud/.
Mask requirements for enclosed spaces is KN95 mask or a surgical 3 ply mask and a cloth/cotton mask on top.
Sally will share ancient wisdom, tools used in cacao ceremonies and ways to incorporate cacao into your daily life.